French fashion icon Christian Dior once said that he could tell more about a woman from her choice of perfume than from her handwriting.
Captivating, charismatic, complex - fragrance and femininity have gone hand in hand for time immemorial. A woman’s choice of perfume is a highly personal and individual thing, as unique to her and her sense of self as her taste in clothes, how she wears her hair or how she does her make up.
Yet given how expensive high-quality womens perfumes are, it is difficult to have enough variety in fragrances to suit every occasion, every mood, every side of your personality. No woman wants to be left with just two or three outfits to choose from. Why should fragrance be any different?
At Fragrance Samples UK, it doesn’t have to be. We stock an extensive range of women’s perfume samples from internationally renowned brands, offering 100% genuine scents in affordable miniature sizes. With prices for our women’s fragrance samples starting at under £3, you can have all the variety a woman could need, conveniently delivered straight to your door.
How do I choose a long lasting perfume?
If you’re looking for a long lasting fragrance, you can choose a scent that has a high concentration of essential oils, such as Eau de Parfum (EDP), since the higher the concentration, the longer the perfume will typically last.
However, choosing a perfume that can last all-day will require additional consideration, as there are many factors that can influence the longevity of a fragrance, including the fragrance family, the quality of the ingredients used, and even your body chemistry. For instance, perfume scents derived from oriental, woody, or spicy fragrance families tend to last longer than citrus or floral notes. You can also read our blog article on why perfumes fade quickly and how to make them last longer.
Which fragrance lasts longest?
Fragrances with heavier base notes usually tend to last the longest. We recommend:
- Frédéric Malle Portrait of a Lady - Bold and spicy fragrance
- Giorgio Armani Sì Passione Intense EDP For Women - Simple and delicate, yet mildly intense
- Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium EDP - Amber vanilla fragrance with darker undertones
- Le Labo Santal 33 - Sweet floral scent blended with spices, smoky wood, and leather notes
- La Vie Est Belle Intensément by Lancôme - Delightfully exuberant, sweet scent
- Mugler Angel Elixir EDP - A blend of floral, fruity, and gourmand fragrance
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight EDP - Floral with classic notes of white musk and vanilla
- Love, Don't be Shy - Sweet, fruity and gourmand scent
Which perfume has the best smell?
Some of our best sellers known for their scents include:
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb EDP is one of the most versatile floral scents, a must-have for every woman's perfume collection.
- Glossier You is a truly one-of-a-kind scent experience with a sweet touch of elegance and tenderness.
- Black Orchid by Tom Ford, renowned for its luxurious and seductive scent, is a long-lasting fragrance that is perfect for special occasions and late evenings.
- Jo Malone’s Lime, Basil and Mandarin is an incredibly fresh and uplifting scent with an unexpected citric, spicy twist.
It's important to note that while these perfumes are highly regarded for their smell, scents are very subjective thing. So what works for one may not work for another. Often, the best way to find your scent is to test different fragrance samples one at a time.
Which perfume is good for daily use?
A perfume that is good for daily wear should be long-lasting, versatile, and not too overpowering for you or others. You will also need to take the season into consideration—lighter, fresh citrus scents work for the hot summer months, while warmer, spicier notes are better for daily use in the cold winter months.
Floral fragrances, such as Parfums de Marly Delina Eau de Parfum and Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Skies, are timeless fragrance choices for any woman who wants to add a sweet, feminine touch and freshness to her overall scent.
If you prefer a more uplifting, clean scent for daily wear, we recommend trying out bright, citrusy fragrances like Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue or fresh aquatic scent like Jo Malone's Wood Sage & Sea Salt. Both fragrances are perfect for daily wear.